There are many medicines that provide natural cure to many common fungal diseases. One such medicine is Amorolfine which is dedicated to treat fungal nail infections along with curing fungal skin infections. This antifungal medication saves prevention of fungi from producing ergosterol, which is an important component of fungal cell membranes. With arresting of ergosterol growth, the fungi goes dead eventually growing out the infected nail, leaving only a healthy part of nail. This infection is majorly linked to issues that are prevalent and appear as hard, decolourised, thick, and painful nails. Along with this, it creates discoloured patches, itchy rashes between fingers, redness, etc.
While this medication is quite safe to be used to curb and counter skin and nail infections, it also results in some side effects. Users have to be careful if they trace signs such as skin, nail disorder, skin rash, skin irritation, Erythema (skin redness), among others.
Precautions for Using Amorolfine
Amorolfine is a great medicine, which can have great results in treating the fungal infections but there are certain precautions to be taken as advised by experts:
- As a precaution, avoid its contact with ears, eyes, nose or mouth. In case it happens, it is advised to rinse with water and clean immediately.
- Best advised to avoid the applying nail varnishes and artificial nails. Also, it is best to not share nail-filer that cases infection.
- The medication is advised for pregnant or breastfeeding mothers.
- The medication can have prolonged use like for succeeding 3 to 5 days to prevent the infection from reoccurring.
What is the recommended dosage of Amorolfine?
Amorolfine is generally advised to be applied once weekly on the infected area finger or the toenails. It is best to consult doctor before applying this medication and follow instructions as provided. In case of a missed a dosage, skip and apply in the next dosing slot. Always avoid overdose of Amorolfine which often turns into severe symptoms.
Amorolfine is a safe medication and not a steroid. Its use is always restricted to the infected area of a nail. Also as a precaution, it should always be refrained to be used in children and infants. Just because there are no facts to prove that this medicine is safe for kids, keeping this off kids contact is always advised by the physician.
Ways to Use Amorolfine Safely
- As advised, applicant must use a nail file and clean the nail surface using a cleaning pad or cotton wool
- Always use a spatula to apply the amorolfine paint over entire surface of the infected area of nail. Save contact with skin around the nail
- Let the paint to dry for three to five minutes